Braised Meatballs Recipe 红烧狮子头

11:55

I remember when I was a kid, my grandma loved cooking this dish.


I would totter unsteadily over to the kitchen table, peer over the tabletop (which was just slightly above eye-level for a todd like me), and try to reach the dish with my stubby little hands. My grandma would then smile dotingly at me and stuff a tiny piece of meatball into my mouth. Such nostalgia. :')


I grew to learn how to cook this beloved dish from my childhood, and improvise on it to enhance the taste.

Ingredients:

- Minced pork 300g
- 1/2 onion
- 2 crabmeat sticks
- Soy sauce (light and dark)
- Corn starch
- Salt, sugar and pepper
- 1 egg
- Chopped spring onions
- Chopped button mushrooms
- Vegetable oil

Method:

1. Thaw the meat, and marinate it in a tablespoonful of light soy sauce, a sprinkle of salt and pepper.

2. Add in the egg, chopped onions, mushrooms and crabmeat sticks.

3. After marinating for 15 minutes, form 16 meatballs with the minced meat and ingredients.

4. Sprinkle corn starch lightly over the surface of meatballs.

5. In a non-stick pan, heat to medium heat and add some vegetable oil.

6. Fry the meatballs evenly in the pan till surface is slightly golden brown.

7. Drain and arrange meatballs on plate.

8. To prepare the braised sauce, pour in 1 tablespoonful of dark soy sauce, add some salt, pepper and sugar to taste.

9. When sauce is boiling, add in water mixed with corn starch.

10. Pour sauce over meatballs and garnish with spring onions.


You Might Also Like

2 comments