Lorong Buangkok and Sengkang Riverside Park

08:55

Who knew that amidst the high-rise HDBs in Buangkok, there's a serene, laid-back haven? It's known as the last surviving kampong on mainland Singapore - Lorong Buangkok.

Located near Gerald Drive, just off Yio Chu Kang Road, it's a nice place for the older generation to reminisce about their kampong days and for curious youths to get a feel of how life was like in the past.



Dirt roads, zinc roofs, freely running dogs and chickens... Doesn't it feel as if you've gone back in time?




Right beside the jogging track that links to Sengkang Riverside Park, you can see well-worn footpaths and gorgeous flower arches leading to the houses. 

The residents are extremely friendly and helpful. I recall that my bike's pedal fell off during one of my visits and I approached a family residing there to borrow their tools. The father actually helped me attach the pedal back onto my bike. :')


Some huge Elephant Ear plants along the jogging track. Beware of mosquitoes!


Amazing view along the river.


Isn't this place a perfect backdrop for romantic instagram-worthy shots? It reminded me of scenes in Korean dramas. 


I managed to spot an otter diving playfully in and out of the water but it was too elusive for me to snap a photo of it.


This open empty field is perfect for having picnics and flying kites.

I have to applaud myself for my 10km jog that Sunday. It was an amazing feat! My previous record was only 8km and I'm not really the fittest person around. YAY achievement unlocked! :)

Perhaps the beautiful scenery there was a distraction from the physical fatigue and motivated me on! Looking forward to more long-distance jogs at Sengkang Riverside Park!


You Might Also Like

0 comments