Marché Mövenpick - JEM

21:26

When you're at Jurong East, with the 3 malls (JEM, JCube and Westgate), you can't lament about not being able to find places to eat at. It's impossible for that to ever happen. 

For my catch-up session/ post CA3 outing with Stef and Kei Jun, we've decided to head over to Marché Mövenpick at JEM for they're offering a special lunch promotion at $9.90.


Having been to Marché @ 313 Somerset, I'd say I preferred the "fresh market restaurant" concept. At least they had more variety there. I miss the rosti dreadfully. :(


The interior of Marché Mövenpick was pretty cosy and homey.


Each table had 3 seasoning jars (salt, pepper and chilli flakes). There were even fruit bowls with apples and diners can help themselves to it. 


The menu didn't have that much variety.


I got myself a Baby Spinach with Roasted Chicken. It was my first time eating raw spinach and it was an... interesting experience. Hmm, guess I'm not really a fan of raw spinach. The salad was drizzled with lemon, olive oil, and some other dressing I couldn't quite identify. I found the alfalfa sprouts rather cute. They're the Western version of bean sprouts and reminded me of the weeds that I keep having to remove from my plant pot. :/

The roasted chicken was a little tough, kind of cold and didn't really live up to my expectations. The entire dish tasted average. I suppose we regretted ordering the lunch specials, especially when we saw how great the pastas at the adjacent table look. We could have gotten them if we topped up a few more dollars. Sighs.


Stef got the Baked Snapper with Potato Salad. It seems that the portions for their lunch specials are rather small and not satisfying at all. 

From the way I was stabbing at the chicken slices with my fork, it must be pretty obvious that I didn't enjoy my meal. I really wanted the pasta! :(

Though it was a weekday, and the restaurant wasn't exactly very crowded, it was still hard for us to get the attention of the servers when we wanted to order. 

In future, if I ever head back again, I'll only try their pastas or pizzas. No more dubious-sounding lunch promotion deals for me, EVER. 

Marché Mövenpick Jem
50 Jurong Gateway Road,
#01-03, Jem®, Singapore 608549


You Might Also Like

0 comments