Treetop Walk @ MacRitchie!

21:23

Who said you can't get lost in sunny Singapore?

I felt so far away from civilisation when I went on my hike at MacRitchie, trying to find the famous Treetop walk. For a while, I couldn't even get connection on my phone. Imagine my panic. No 4G, no signal. Nada. That's right. Lost in the wilderness.

Bugs, mozzies, scorching sun, aching feet and lack of connection aside, the Treetop Walk and the trail leading up to it is really a must-go for nature lovers. 

For the more adventurous fitness buffs, the longer trail from Lornie Road would be your best bet. 

After you alight at 'After Lornie Road' bus stop, cross the overhead bridge, and reach the 'After SICC' bus stop, you have to walk against the flow of traffic before you see a tiny little trail to your right. 


Keep going. You'll be walking along a shady tranquil trail. You might even see curious long-tailed macaques at the side of the path.


This was a particularly inquisitive fella. 


Dappled sunlight! 


Ancient trees.


Once you reach the end of the forest trail, you'll see this dirt path leading to the golf course. Don't turn back just yet, you're on the right track! 


Bee-oo-tiful scenery.


Cool insects! Awesome additions to my pic collection.


So Jana took a photo of me trying to take a photo of the dragonfly above. My Sony Xperia Z3 phone camera is awesome. It ranks right below iPhone 6 in terms of photo quality!


Follow the path and when you see this sign, follow it.


You'll get to see more animals like cute little squirrels, unique birds (like drongos), lizards (sunbathing on the boardwalks), butterflies, and macaques.



There were streams running below the boardwalk. I spotted some fishes in them.


There was an area where a huge group of macaques just stared at us curiously as we walked by. I managed to see a few tiny baby macaques.


The Jelutong tower.



The view from the top of the tower reminds me of Jurassic Park. How strange. 


An overturned tree...


Finally we've reached the ranger's station. YAY~ Water cooler! Toilets! Shelter!

Post-break, we started on our arduous journey again.


I could totally imagine Gandalf's voice saying, "You shall not pass!"


We're here!



Totally rocking the 'Typical Tourist' look.

The 250m bridge felt really short, and it wasn't as high up above the treetops as expected. 

Lucky for us, we went on a weekday afternoon so we had all the time in the world to take our perfect shots on the bridge. It's a one-way route so there's no backtracking your steps. Once you exit the gate, that's it. You don't get to go onto the bridge again.


Spotted a really noisy lizard on our trek back.


By the time we reached the bus stop again, we were thirsty, sweaty, gross, and tired.

That was a full 2 hour plus hike and the fittest I've ever felt in 2 whole months.

My CG is calling for another visit to the bridge. OHNO. My poor aching legs. I need to start exercising again.



TIPS:

Bring along sunscreen and insect repellant.
Wear sports shoes that you feel comfortable in (Rocky trails are no joke)
Keep your food and plastic bags out of sight. Don't tempt the macaques.

Mondays: Closed for maintenance and research unless it's a public holiday
Tuesdays - Fridays: 9AM - 5PM
Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays: 8:30AM - 5PM



You Might Also Like

0 comments