bread yard

14:18

bread yard is a hidden gem offering delicious brunch at really affordable prices.

Before we started our afternoon tutorial, my CG visited their branch at Fusionpolis, Galaxis.


I didn't know Fusionpolis had so many eateries! Now I've got a new place to explore to satisfy my foodie cravings. :)


At 11am, bread yard was pretty empty. The warm colour scheme, wooden furniture and faint fragrance of freshly-baked bread gave the place cozy, homely vibes. 


We were given a buzzer to collect our food once they were ready. Look at how photogenic their food was!


Centre: Candied Bacon and Grilled Cheese Pancake ($9)

From bottom right, in anti-clockwise direction: 

Bettino Full Platter ($10)

Norwegian Full Platter ($13)

Big Boy's Full Platter ($13)

A customised set with scrambled eggs and Hokkaido bread ($4.50), Norwegian Smoked Salmon ($3), and sautéed mushrooms ($2.5)



Here's a close-up of my Bettino Full Platter.

Being a loyal poached egg fan, of course I chose that option out of the choices of "scrambled, sunny side-up or poached".

The back bacon was grilled nice and crispy but I found it slightly too oily. My favourite part of the entire dish would be their poached eggs with hollandaise atop the honey baked ham and Hokkaido bread. 

I'm no bread connoisseur and my understanding of bread is painfully limited to the spread at Subway's. When I first heard of Hokkaido bread, it sounded exotic, so why not give it a try?

And I'm glad I did. The thick bread had an amazingly crusty edge and fluffy soft centre. I could even taste the faintest hint of milkiness that added on to the bread's overall yum-factor. :)

Their poached eggs were done to perfection too! Imagine my exuberance the moment the golden runny yolk oozed out! 

Where else can you find a place that sells a $10 heaven-on-a-platter?

We were pretty full when we finished our mains but their dessert selection looked too good to be missed. 



Banana Coconut Bread Pudding with Gula Melaka sauce ($6) and Apple Raisin Bread Pudding with Creme Anglaise  ($6)

I majorly fell for the Apple Raisin Bread Pudding. The strong cinnamon taste of the piping hot bread pudding totally won me over. The hot-cold combination of the pudding and vanilla ice cream made the dessert quite the highlight of our meal, and it definitely left a lasting impression on us.

The Gula Melaka sauce gave the banana coconut bread pudding a local twist and what I loved about it was the gooey mushy banana bits hidden in the pudding. 

We left bread yard satisfied, happy, filled and fat. :)

Galaxis
1 Fusionopolis Place
#01-23/24
Singapore 138522

MRT Station: One-North (Take Exit B)
Mon-Fri: 8am to 7pm
Sat: 9am to 2.30pm









You Might Also Like

0 comments