Jack's Place Steakhouse and Restaurant

21:39

Jack's Place Steakhouse and Restaurant at Ang Mo Kio brings back fond childhood memories of extended family meals and post-exam celebrations. 




I can still remember mini me snuggling up next to my parents in the air-conditioned restaurant, watching on with bright-eyes as they helped me cut my steak into little kid-friendly chewable bits. I recall how I would always eagerly wait for my ice-cream dessert, and savour it with a grin like the Cheshire cat. 

After so many years down the road, setting my eyes on the familiar green-and-white checkered table tops again felt incredibly nostalgic. 

As we went for a late lunch that weekend, we had the entire restaurant almost to ourselves, and the service from their staff was amazingly attentive. 


During the Christmas season, Jack's Place had a few Festive Promotions. A meal would include soup of the day, a main, dessert and a choice of coffee or tea. The deal was way too good to be true. 


First up, we had Broccoli Soup with Tempura. Despite the specks of broccoli present, the creamy soup was surprisingly tasty. The crunchy tempura was the perfect topping. A few of us upgraded our soup to the Cream of Mushroom soup but I actually found the broccoli soup more appealing.


We ordered an extra appetiser, The New Jack's Cheese Fondue Sampler Platter ($16), complete with tempura, fried mushrooms coated with crispy batter, chicken mid wings, and onion rings. It tasted as amazing as it looked. I especially loved the smooth, melted cheese fondue. 


Chicken Steak with Chipotle Sausage Skewer  ($19.90+)


I ordered the N.Z. Ribeye Steak with Tempura Gyoza ($19.90+), medium rare. The juicy slab of steak came served on a sizzling hotplate, topped with a cute little tempura gyoza. The doneness of the steak was just right, tender yet sufficiently chewy. The piping hot, buttery baked potato, topped with mayonnaise, spring onions and chicken bacon bits was just as good as I had remembered it to be. The greens at the side of the dish was a thoughtful addition, to appease the health-conscious consumers, I suppose. :) 

Though it might not seem like a big portion, the dish was surprisingly filling. 


When the Chocolate Panna Cotta with Berries Compote was served with our tea, I was totally stuffed. Thank goodness the panna cotta was in a mini cup. I have to say I'm still not a fan of panna cotta... (Honestly I have no love for Starbuck's Panna Cotta drinks too.)

I am impressed by Jack's Place's awesome service standards and quality food (especially the steaks). Thank you for being a part of my childhood, and remaining as one of my go-to places for future family meals. 

*If you are a frequent patron, you would gain more by signing up for their membership card, with rebates and promotional offers.



Blk 730 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6 #01-4274, 560730

Sun – Thurs & PH:
11am – 10.30pm
Fri, Sat, Eve of PH:
11am – 11pm

You Might Also Like

0 comments