La Nonna

20:15

La Nonna (which means, The Grandmother)  is a cozy little Italian restaurant in Holland Village, and I happened to hear of it from my batchmates who were constantly raving about their lunch time 1-for-1 special on any main course, pasta or pizza.

Since it was almost the end of M2, Addy, Marcus, Jax and I went for a partial CG lunch, to commemorate the last day we'll ever be together as a CG.

On a weekday noon, it wasn't too crowded. We were the first customers there at 12pm, so service was really prompt. However, the place filled up extremely fast and some customers had to sit in the outdoor dining area, eating in the merciless heat. Poor them.



Right after we placed our orders, we had a complimentary basket of ciabatta bread rolls and flat crackers. They were to be dipped into balsamic vinegar and olive oil but nah, I'm not a fan of these food, no matter how fluffy or crusty they are.


I ordered a La Nonna pizza, their signature pizza with tomato, mozzarella, parmesan, asparagus, egg and black truffle. The thin crust was baked to perfection and the earthy truffle taste complemented the pizza really well! I was pleasantly surprised by their generous truffle topping. MAJOR LOVE for the pizza! After a few slices, I felt the dryness sinking in. Thank goodness the flowy egg yolk helped add some moisture to the pizza. Despite its thin crust, it was extremely filling. I couldn't finish the entire pizza. Guess I overestimated my appetite.

The bill amounted to around $14 per head, which was pretty reasonable, I would say. Perhaps I would visit them again, for the rest of their signature dishes.


La Nonna @ Holland Village
26/26B Lorong Mambong
Singapore 227685


Opening hours:
12pm to 2:30pm; 6:30pm to 10:30pm


You Might Also Like

0 comments