PoTeaTo

10:55

Simply by walking along Tiong Bahru and its hipster Yong Siak Street, you'll find cafes everywhere you turn. Nestled beside the famous FortyHands (I've never been there yet), is PoTeaTo, a cafe that prides itself on its potato-themed dishes and its tea. 


PoTeaTo's concrete walls, industrial lights and cozy dining areas exudes rustic vibes.


As compared to the other cafes along that stretch of road, it isn't that well-known. This probably explains the quiet ambience in there. Perfect for a nice long catchup with friends, or even, a lazy morning with a cuppa and book in hand.


There is a small area for you to get extra condiments and water. It's mostly self-service, and you'll have to make your order at the counter personally. 


Their menu wasn't very extensive, but it was definitely more than enough for us to choose from. Any more and we'll have a harder time deciding on what to get. 


There was an ongoing lunch promotion of $18 nett for all burger mains, and $15 nett for all pasta mains. 

I ordered The PTT Burger and upgraded my fries to truffle fries (with an additional charge of $1.50). 

The nerds in us quipped, "Since there's the PTT burger, is there a PT-INR burger too?" #medschnerdyjokes


At first glance, the PTT burger didn't look as impressive as the Pulled Pork Ranch Burger that my friends had ordered. I found it too thick to be eaten as how a normal burger should be eaten, so I had to deconstruct it.

Now, that was when we saw the heavenly golden melted cheese coated over the beef patty. What a glorious sight!


While the fries were thickly cut and crisp enough, it lacked the empowering truffle-ness that is the signature of all good truffle fries. Meh. It wasn't a smart move to get the upgrade.

Despite being awfully photogenic as a thick fat slab, the beef patty disappoints. It was too dry and too tough for my liking. The oyster mushrooms, tomatoes and lettuce added just a teeny bit more juiciness to the entire burger but it still failed to impress me overall. I guess I should have chosen the pulled pork instead. Apparently it tasted better... 

The mains were served pretty fast and the service was rather decent overall. 

Aside from that, I would say that the food was average, at least that's what I could comment on for what I've ordered. Was it value for money? Probably not, even with the lunch promotion. I'll stick with Fat Boys for burgers in future (or until I find a better place.)

PoTeaTo
78 Yong Siak St
#01-18, 163078
 +65 6221 2488
Tue-Fri: 11am-10pm
Sat: 10am-10pm

Sun: 10am-9pm

You Might Also Like

0 comments