GRUB

10:23

Family Medicine life rocks! While my friends at other postings are busy slogging their asses off rushing about hospital wards and staying up late for calls, work ends at 12.30pm for me (at least for these 2 weeks) and I managed to GRUB (hehe the pun, geddit?) lunch with Celline, my counsellor, at GRUB.

GRUB is a casual restaurant in Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park, and to be honest, its location is rather obscure I wouldn't be able to find it if we hadn't arrived by car.

The restaurant had both an indoor and alfresco dining area, and to dine amidst the lush greenery of the park was a pretty enjoyable experience.


Both of us ordered a GRUB cheeseburger, and topped it off with mentaiko sauce.

The burger and fries were delivered on a tray and just look at how photogenic it was! The pickle perched atop the bun is such a cute idea. 

Taste-wise, it was decent, but not exceptionally impressive. Based on the description on the menu, the beef from the patty was made from 100% grass-fed and free-range beef. The beef was slightly bland, a little under seasoned, I think, and I had to add blobs of mentaiko sauce to bump up the taste and make it less dry. 

The crispy hot fries dipped into the savoury fishy mentaiko is absolutely heavenly! I swear mentaiko sauce is the best dip ever! 




I added on an Earl Grey Lemon Tea and Celline ordered an Earl Grey Lychee Tea. Being a fan of Earl Grey and homemade lemon teas, I loved how the malty flavour of the tea was smoothly blended together with the tangy taste of lemon, complementing each other perfectly. That's the best of both worlds! :)

We also ordered churros, with dark chocolate sauce and tangy creme anglaise, but we actually finished 4/6 of the churros before I remembered that I hadn't taken a photo. Ahwell. Anyway, those were the best churros I've ever had! Deep fried to a wonderful crisp and generously coated with sugar, the churros still managed to retain their fluffiness inside. The tinge of cinnamon was a pleasant addition. They went really well with the thick rich-flavoured dark chocolate sauce, and the slightly vanilla-citrus-flavoured English cream. 


We were so full after those that we had to take-away our chocolate cream puffs. The cream-filled puffs were topped with a light swirl of chocolate cream and almonds, but I thought they were too creamy for my liking. 

Our overall experience at GRUB was rather decent, and we enjoyed its casual ambience that was perfect for catch-ups. Despite its short menu, there are still quite a few items on the list I would be tempted to try out. Service could be slightly more efficient for we had quite a few instances of miscommunication between the staff, especially when we were requesting to take-away the pastries. I wouldn't mind going back again though. 

Grub
510, Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 (Bishan Park 1)
6459 5743

Mon – Fri
11:00am – 3:00pm
5:30pm – 10:30pm
Sat, Sun and PH
9:00am – 4:00pm
5:30pm – 10:30pm

You Might Also Like

0 comments