Steamed abalone with bell peppers

20:39


It's rare to come across abalone recipes for fresh (and not canned) abalones. My aunt used to cook this dish for the family and I loved it so much I've decided to attempt it on my own this time round. True enough, fresh abalone is amazingly tender! Not deshelling the abalone could have locked in the natural flavours better, so I suppose I'll leave the shells on for my next try. 


Ingredients

- 12 fresh abalones
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1/4 red pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- A slice of ginger
- Salt and pepper
- Light soy sauce
- Shaoxing wine
- Vegetable oil

Steps
  1. Sauté diced onions, bell peppers, minced garlic in vegetable oil for around 2 minutes. 
  2. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and add some Shaoxing wine with light soy sauce into the pan.
  3. After cleaning the fresh abalone and lightly slicing a "tic-tac-toe" pattern over its surface, scoop a fresh batch of minced ginger and garlic mixture onto the abalone. 
  4. Steam the abalone, together with the garlic, for 8 minutes. 
  5. When done, top the abalone with the sautéed mixture (and scallion, if desired)
  6. Serve.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions.You can write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it..
    Office Interiors in Chennai
    Home Interior Decorators in Chennai

    ReplyDelete